We celebrate Scottish heritage and culture throughout the year
- Our Burns Dinner and a meeting at the Burns statue in January are followed by a Spring Dinner in May, a Fall Meeting in October and our spectacular St. Andrew’s Charity Ball in November.
- We co-host this event with the 48th Highlanders of Canada.
- There are other less formal gatherings, such as ceilidhs from time to time.
We hold meetings in the historic Officers’ Mess of the 48th Highlanders of Canada
- Our long association with this valiant Canadian Regiment is a source of pride.
- At the 2012 Fall Meeting we had a whisky tasting, a lively account of our Travelling Scholarship recipient’s visit to Skye, and a representative from one of the agencies we support.
- We also reach out to touch other cultural organizations within the Scottish-Canadian community.
We support a number of charities
- Donations are made, generally in the GTA, with the needs of the most vulnerable people in mind.
- We provide most of this support through agencies which provide food, counselling, housing, recreational programs and other needed services.