The St. Andrew’s Charitable Foundation works to mitigate the risks associated with poverty through grants to local charitable agencies. Applications for funding are reviewed by a committee comprised of board members from the St. Andrew’s Society and other volunteers.
The Foundation has donated over $1 million in the past 15 years. The focus in 2021 was on helping charities deal with the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. The Foundation donated $90,000 in conjunction with the Hendrie Trust. You can see the list of current grant recipients here.
Grant applications for 2022 opened on October 4, 2021. The deadline to submit is December 10, 2021.
Applicants will be required to meet the following selection criteria:
- Toronto-based, charities serving adults, youth and children facing poverty-related risks including unemployment, homelessness, high crime rates, poor health and educational outcomes, domestic violence and/or discrimination based on race, religion, gender, disability and/or immigration status.
- Priority will be given to smaller underfunded charities (and to specific programs in major charities) which are focused on alleviating the above risk factors.
- Grants cannot be used to fund operational or administrative costs.
- Grants will not typically be provided to NFPs in consecutive years.
Grants Applications Process
Applications should include:
- A cover letter
- Information about the agency including an annual report and recent financial statements
- A description and budget for the program/project being put forward for a grant
We only accept digital applications (.doc, .pdf, etc.).
If you are unable to provide a digital application and/or you have any questions about the process, please contact the St. Andrew’s Charitable Foundation by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.